Monday, August 9, 2010

Taking a Stab at Room Decor

Sophia now has her own room, but I didn't have anything to put on the walls. She has never had her own room so I didn't have anything to decorate it. I have been thinking about it for a while what to do and decided to do cut-outs much like I did in David's room. Thanks to a good friend who let me raid her scrapbooking paper stash, another friend for letting me use her acrylic paint, and ANOTHER friend for giving me direction (and glue directions) I finally have wall art!!! Yay!


Sophia actually painted the background for this one and those are her hand prints. I just cut them out once they dried. I was trying to make them look like shadow puppet birds. Eh. At least we know what they are. That is the thing about art. It can be whatever you want it to be!




I got these butterflies for only $1. They were raw wood, but I love how it made an art hanger for Sophia's art! It was so easy to make and really makes the room HERS!




These are the ones I did for David's room.




1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, Andrea! I LOVE THEM! My favorite is that butterfly tree. You could EASILY sell that one. Amazing...truly. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete